Booking an appointment
GP, Advanced Nurse Practioner and Practice Nurse Appointments are available Monday to Friday by telephoning: 0151 295 9393
If you cannot make your appointment PLEASE let the practice know as soon as possible; someone else may need to use it!
For the wellbeing and self care and to suit our patients needs, we offer a varied choice of appointments as listed below:
- Same day appointments: We offer same day GP and nurse appointments. They are available at 8.00am each morning for morning appointments and 2:00pm every day for afternoon appointments. Please contact reception at them times for same day appointments.
- Appointments in Advance for Face to Face with GP: To book an appointment to see a doctor telephone or come in to speak to a member of the reception team.
- Phone consultations: Phone consultations are available everyday. Please contact reception to book a phone consultation. Please note, in order to have a phone consultation you will need to inform the surgery of your up-to-date contact number.
- Extended Hours: Every Tuesday the practice offers an early morning clinic, which starts at 7.15am. (Booked appointments only)
- Housebound Patients: If you would like to speak to a doctor , please call the surgery and ask for a phone consultation. A doctor will call you back on the number you provide. If a home visit is required, this must be telephoned in and requested before 10.30am please.
Health Visitor Appointments
Appointments with the Health Visitor Team can be made by telephoning: 0151 295 8416
District Nurses Appointments
Appointments with the District Nursing Team can be made by telephoning, 0151 260 3960.
The District Nursing Team are based at Everton Road Health Centre, 45 Everton Road, L6 2EH along with the Treatment Room (Ear syringing and dressings).
Appointments with the midwife can be made by telephoning 0151 295 9393
The Midwife has a clinic alternate Mondays from 9.30am - 11.30am.
Blood Tests and Blood Pressure Appointments
The practice does not normally carry out blood tests. The service is provided by The Liverpool Phlebotomy Service and has a list of locations where they carry out the service, including downstairs in our building.
The days the service is available in Mere Lane Neighbourhood Health Centre are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 08:30am - 12.00pm. Please note this is a drop-in service only and you must have a blood test form. Appointments for blood tests are arranged by a Clinician.
The Practice Nurse can carry out blood pressures. Please make an appointment to come in and see them.