Get holiday ready with ‘grab a jab’ summer events
Liverpool City Council and the local NHS are teaming up to host a series of ‘Grab a Jab’ events across the city this summer.
Running throughout July, each session will offer people the chance to make sure they’re holiday-ready by getting up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations – as well as blood pressure monitoring and health and wellbeing advice.
Anyone aged 12+ who is not yet fully vaccinated or overdue a booster dose is welcome to attend – no appointment needed, just drop in.
The times and locations of the sessions are as follows:
- Saturday 9 July – Netherley Youth & Community Incentive, 41 Damson Road, Netherley, L27 8XR
- Wednesday 13 July – The Reading Rooms Activity Centre, Wellington Street, Garston, L19 2LX
- Saturday 16 July – Ellergreen Community Centre, Ellergreen Road, Norris Green, L11 2RY
- Wednesday 20 July – Tuebrook Hope Centre, Christ Church, Buckingham Road, Tuebrook, L13 8AZ
- Saturday 23 July – The Bridge, 2 Daneville Road, Walton, L4 9RG
- Wednesday 27 July – Alt Valley Community Trust, Altcross Road, Croxteth, L11 0BS
- Saturday 30 July – Breck Road Library, Everton, L5 6PX (Please note: this event will provide Covid-19 vaccination only)
All of these sessions will run from 10.00 am – 4.00pm, with a quiet hour between 10.00 – 11.00am for people with learning difficulties, pregnant women, older people and those with additional needs.
The vaccination clinics will offer first, second and booster doses to anyone who is currently eligible.
If you are planning to travel abroad this summer, please also be aware that many countries still require PCR tests or proof of vaccination for all visitors aged 12+. Make sure that you check on local guidelines for the country you are visiting before you travel
To find more local vaccination options, or to access a lower dose COVID-19 vaccination for children aged 5-11 years, you can visit www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or call 119 to book an appointment.
For more information on getting your COVID-19 vaccine, please visit: www.nhs.uk
Content provided by One Liverpool, a partnership of local health and care organisations working together to support a healthier, happier and fairer Liverpool for all.
Published on Fri, 08 Jul 2022 11:29:52 GMT
Modified on Fri, 08 Jul 2022 11:43:33 GMT